The starting point

Hello!

I am starting this React Native Dev Diary in hopes that I will keep a running diary while I learn how to develop apps in React Native.

This is stemming from a desire to make apps, but without the "hassle" of learning iOS or Android systems. I tried several times to "get into" Android, but it didn't seem to gel very well with me, and after a cursory glance at iOS, I felt that wouldn't be a good direction either.

Then I learned about React Native, which had the ability to deliver to both iOS and Android, and utilizes things like React, JSX, and Redux, things which I already had good knowledge of.

The first app I would like to make is a simple to do app that has these features
  • The user has a list of no more than 6 to-do items
  • As the user checks each item off, an encouraging sound (e.g. audience cheer) will sound
  • The sound will get more intense as more items are checked off
  • The list can be reset whenever the user wishes, but ideally it would be reset when the user starts work. Traditionally, this would be before 5am or so

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Messing with graphics, starting to apply CRUD

Udemy course about React Native and Hooks