Newest update: RNGE, sound, and Xcode

I had some issues getting my app onto my iPhone for testing. The main issue was Xcode reporting it couldn't connect to the iPhone. The solution was that Xcode was not updated for the version the iPhone was on. It was something like Xcode could deliver up to 13.5, but my iPhone was up to 13.6. Updating Xcode to a more recent version allowed the versions to match up.

There were issues where I had to sign the app, then the phone had to allow me and my app via permissions, but it didn't require anything heavy to get working.

Then the app would not get past the initial splash page. I determined the issue was the React Native Metro server was, somehow, preventing the app from running. Once I turned Metro off, the app ran normally.

On other fronts, I got tests for the react native game engine (RNGE) working, which will be instrumental for tasklist v2. I also got a sound playing demo to work, which is a key point of tasklist v1.

Progress has been slow, but steady.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Messing with graphics, starting to apply CRUD

Udemy course about React Native and Hooks

The starting point